Shane Wright represents individuals, businesses, and lenders in transactions, including commercial and residential real estate transactions. In assisting clients with the successful and efficient completion of these transactions, Shane prepares and negotiates the terms of financing documents, security documents, contracts, and documents of conveyance. Also knowledgeable about real estate title matters, Shane resolves title issues and is a licensed title insurance agent. Shane also works with clients to organize limited liability companies and corporations, both for-profit and nonprofit, and helps eligible nonprofit entities obtain recognition of tax exemption under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code. He assists the owners of small and other family owned businesses to formulate and effectuate business continuation plans.
Shane further represents individuals and families with the preparation and preservation of estate plans, including drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and other documents. He also assists older clients with planning for long-term care and strategizing to preserve assets for their families.
While attending the University of Maine School of Law, Shane was an Articles Editor for the Maine Law Review. Following graduation from law school, Shane enjoyed the privilege of working as a law clerk for the Honorable Warren M. Silver of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Maine
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
Member, Past and Present
- Maine State Bar Association, Member
- Maine State Bar Association Real Estate and Title Section, Past Chair
- Androscoggin County Bar Association, Member
- Lewiston Auburn Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Member
- United Way of Androscoggin County Board of Directors, Member
- United Way of Androscoggin County Campaign Cabinet,, Past-Chair
- Optimist Club of Lewiston/Auburn Board of Directors, Past-Chair
- Maine Housing and Building Materials Exchange Board of Directors, President
- Young Professionals of the Lewiston-Auburn Area, Past-Chair