Roderick Rovzar is a member of the Norman Hanson & DeTroy Commercial Practice Group. He concentrates his practice in the counsel and representation of credit unions and financial service institutions, public and privately held corporations, businesses and commercial real estate companies, both developers and owners/investors.
Rod advises clients on corporate governance and operational issues, finance, mergers, acquisitions and sales of assets, real estate development and land use. Many of his business clients have relied for years on Rod’s broad experience and strategic intelligence in decision-making and strategic planning. His financial institution clients value the depth of information and ability he brings to day-to-day management, operations issues and regulatory compliance and reporting requirements.
Recognized by peers and colleagues as outstandingly capable counsel, Rod is recognized by Best Lawyers in America and has received the highest rating that Martindale Hubbell awards the most accomplished lawyers in the nation (A-V).
Rod is a Registered Maine Guide, a licensed pilot, and serves as Selectman in his western Maine Town of Stoneham.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Maine
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- U.S. Tax Court
Member, Past and Present
- Maine State Bar Association, Member
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Select Committee on Credit Unions, Member
- Maine Chamber and Business Alliance, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, Member
- Seaplane Pilots Association, Member
- Ducks Unlimited, Member
- Trout Unlimited, Member
- Registered Maine Guide
Selected Reported Cases
- Maine Bankers Association v. Bureau of Banking, 684 A.2d 1304 (Me. 1996).
- Poultry Processing, Inc. v. Old Orchard Beach Pier Co., 780 F.Supp. 846 (D.Me. 1991).
- Heselton v. Wilder, 496 A.2d 1063 (Me. 1985).
- In re Hillcrest Foods, Inc., 31 B.R. 563 (D.Me. 1983).
- Travelers Indemn. Co. v. Dingwell, 414 A.2d 220 (Me. 1980).
Awards, Merits & Honors
- Recognized by Best Lawyers for 2014 (since 2006)
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America – Corporate Law and Real Estate Law 2020