The understanding and knowledgeable guidance that Kathryn Longley-Leahy provides to Norman Hanson & DeTroy business and individual clients in the areas of wills, trusts, tax, estate planning and elder law are both intuitive and based upon sound practical experiences and solid educational credentials. Clients value Kathryn’s credibility and knowledge, grounded in decades of legal experience devoted to planning, securing and administrating every aspect of estate planning matters. Her work ranges from resolving sophisticated tax and inherited wealth issues, corporate succession and complex planning to the preparation of estate planning documents carefully designed to meet clients’ estate planning objectives to provide security, guidance and protection to surviving family, friends and/or organizations.
Kathryn’s past business experiences provide a rare foundation for her unique ability to understand, evaluate and resolve individual and business clients’ needs within their stated personal and business goals and objectives. She was a senior industrial bond rating analyst for a major New York investment rating agency, a financial director for a start-up New York-based corporation, a senior investment analyst for Fortune 500 companies, and maintained a private law practice for nearly 20 years before joining Norman Hanson & DeTroy in 2008. Kathryn has impressive educational credentials attained beyond the traditional law school, including a Wharton M.B.A. and a LL.M. in taxation.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Maine
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
Member, Past and Present
- Maine State Bar Association, Trusts and Estate Practice Section, Member
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Yarmouth Arts , Board of Directors (Co-Founder)
- Center for Grieving Children, Board of Directors
- Zoning Board of Appeals Town of Yarmouth, Member
- Greater Portland Boys and Girls Club , Board of Directors
- Sugarloaf Ski Patrol, Member
- Hurricane Island Foundation: Center for Science and Leadership, Trustee