Devin Deane is a trial lawyer. He is a passionate advocate and his skill set is preparing and presenting cases of all types to judges and juries. Devin has tried cases in each of Maine’s state and federal courts and before several state and federal agencies. He has obtained multi-million dollar jury verdicts on behalf of his clients; and he has successfully tried to not-guilty verdicts Maine’s highest categories of felony crimes. Devin’s practice is diverse, but his bread and butter is personal injury and wrongful death claims, professional malpractice defense, insurance defense, employment discrimination, and civil rights. Devin is recognized as a New England Super Lawyers Rising Star—an honor given to only 2.5% of his peers. He is also recognized as a multi-year honoree of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court’s Katahdin Counsel for his pro bono work on behalf of disadvantaged Mainers. Devin loves his profession and his role in defending his clients’ rights and best interests.
Devin and his wife, Elise Baldacci, live in South Portland and volunteer much of their free time to their community. Apart from his professional life, Devin is an avid outdoorsman and huge supporter of collegiate sports—particularly Virginia Tech, his alma mater.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Maine (2012)
- Unites States District Court, District of Maine (2013)
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit (2015)
Member, Past and Present
- Campaign for Justice, Steering and Stewardship Committees (2017)
- Cleaves Law Library, Board of Directors (2016)
- Maine State Bar Association, Leadership Academy (2014-2015)
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association (2014)
- Maine State Bar Associaton, Member (2012)
- Immigration Legal Advocacy Project Pro Bono Panel (2012)
- Charles Harvey Jr. Trial Immersion Fellowship (2011)