David Goldman has a wide ranging litigation practice, representing clients involved in a broad variety of complex civil litigation, including real estate and business disputes, professional negligence matters, and administrative appeals of municipal and state agency decisions. David also has a particular focus on appellate practice, with significant experience representing clients before the Maine Supreme Judicial Court and before Federal Courts of Appeal.
Prior to graduating magna cum laude from the University of Maine School of Law, David was selected for an internship with Judge Lipez of the First Circuit Court of Appeals, and after graduation served as Law Clerk for the Superior Court with Chief Justice Humphrey and Justices Crowley and Warren. His next clerkship placed David as the first Law Clerk for the newly formed Maine Business Court with Chief Justice Humphrey and Justice Nivison.
David is a past president of the Cumberland County Bar Association and current member of the Maine State Bar Association’s Judicial Evaluation Committee. David also serves as a Board member and officer for the Portland Chamber Music Festival. David lives in Cumberland with his wife Beth and their two sons.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Maine
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Member, Past and Present
- Maine State Bar Association, Member
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member and President (2016)
- Portland Chamber Music Festival, Board of Directors
- Maine State Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee, Member
Selected Reported Cases
- Tomasino v. Town of Casco, 2020 ME 96, 237 A.2d 175
- 21 Seabran, LLC v. Town of Naples, 2017 ME 3, 153 A.3d 113
- Gravison v. Fisher, 2016 ME 35, 134 A.3d 857
- Harris v. Woodlands Club, 2012 ME 117, 55 A.3d 449
- HL 1, LLC v. Riverwalk, LLC, 2011 ME 29, 15 A.3d 725
Awards, Merits & Honors
- Identified among the New England Rising Stars for 2013-2016