Darya’s comprehensive legal practice encompasses corporate, real estate, and intellectual property areas of law.
Prior to joining the firm, Darya served as a judicial intern in the chambers of the Honorable Kermit V. Lipez of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, and worked as a student attorney at Maine Law’s Intellectual Property Law Clinic, and at the Maine International Trade Center. While at law school, she was a class representative at the Inns of Court and was the winner of a national legal writing competition held by the Richmond Journal of Global Law and Business.
Darya is fluent in Russian and Belarusian, and earned her Bachelor’s degree from the Minsk State Linguistic University in Belarus, where she studied five languages, including German and Dutch. While in college, she worked as an interpreter for Dutch and Canadian charitable foundations. She then moved to the United States and worked in the fashion advertising industry in New York City prior to attending law school.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Maine
- U.S. District of Court, District of Maine
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, First Circuit
Member, Past and Present
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Member
- Maine International Trade Center, Member
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member
- Maine State Bar Association, Member
- Portland Chamber Music Festival, Board Member
- Russian and Belarusian (fluent)
- Dutch and German (proficient)
- A Practical Guide to Discovery and Depositions in Maine
- Time to Pay the Dues or can Intellectual Property Rights Feel Save with the WTO?, 8 Rich. J. Global L. & Bus. 427 (Fall 2009).
Awards, Merits & Honors
- Selected by peers for inclusion in New England Super Lawyers & Rising Stars as a top rated Business & Corporate Attorney (2017, 2018) and Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney (2015, 2016)
- Received Katahdin Counsel Recognition for Pro Bono efforts (2013-2015, 2018)